Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Having a Mission Mind for Maine

Glory! God is so good! We had a great Lord's day and mid week service at Church Hill Baptist Church. Sunday morning we had brother Josh Lovelace preach a Sunday School message on the four types of soldiers found in I Samuel, the Coward, the Chameleon, the Comfortable and the Courageous. Brother Josh really brought it home. What a blessing it is to hear a man of God preach right from the King James Bible!
After Sunday school I had the pleasure to preach to an official crowd of 101 people. This is the highest amount of people I have ever preached to! Glory! I listed five reasons we need to have a missions mind for Maine.
  1. Most towns don't have an Independent Fundamental Baptist Church.
  2. Apathy rules most existing Churches.
  3. Influx of immigrants.
  4. Non-Biblical and extra-Biblical teaching is on the rise.
  5. Ethical crisis in Maine.

You will notice the "acrostic" with the first letters spelling out "Maine". I am a simple man so I really need to create mechanisms for me to remember my points.

I had a great time preaching this message that God has laid upon my heart. I was a little nervous at first and I skipped around a little bit more than I planned to, but I think it went well. The feedback was very good. I certainly hope I will get another chance soon!

Sunday night Pastor Wiley delivered a message about the door. Be the watchman at the door of your house. Only let the Lord in. Watch for the Devil trying to get in through the cable, the mailbox, the Internet, the cel-phone.........guard your home.

What a great day in the Lord's house!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the blog, keep writing & we'llkeep reading. Posting my comment on this entry because I wanted to let you know the message was great, true & convicting...great job!
Nicole P

Matthew Jones said...

Thanks! Will do!

Post a Comment

Browns to Montana