Wednesday, September 10, 2014

More random thoughts about Dad...

Tomorrow we will have the official service for Dad. As the family gathered tonight I could not help but think of how Dad would have been so happy to see Ashley reading to two of her younger cousins. Dad would have loved to see Joshua riding bikes with the younger grandchildren. He got such joy in just watching his "great 8" play together. I stood out front for a few minutes tonight and I could almost see Dad sitting there in a lawn chair watching the children ride bikes. I heard the dog begin barking as one of the children came inside, and imagined for a moment that he would come hobbling up the stairs. I can swear that I still hear his voice when I walk into a room "Heaoo Matt!". I just can't believe he is gone from this earth. Now that I am done being selfish, I am so glad that he has graduated to his reward. He is with the Lord. As for the service tomorrow, please pray that I will be able to speak what God has put on my heart. Please pray that hearts will be stirred to salvation. God can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Browns to Montana