Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Off to a good start!

I praise the Lord for all He has done! What a great Lords day on Sunday! On Sunday morning at the Barters Island Baptist Church I preached on being a church that loves the preaching of the Word of God. In this day and age many "churches" are replacing preaching with teaching. Oh, they may have slick looking power point presentations but in 1 Corinthians 1 we read "it pleased God through the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe". Effective presentations do not bring conviction. Effective communication is great in many ways, but it is no replacement for the preaching of the Word of God!

After the morning service my family and I drove back home to eat lunch with my precious pastor and his family. What a time of fun, food (mmmmmmmm...... taco ring), and fellowship. What a joy to serve the Lord with my friend, mentor, pastor.

In the evening service at BIBC I preached on the God shaped hole from Ecclesiastes 2. Do you know that even someone who is saved can experience a God shaped hole in their life? It is true, Solomon experienced it and he looked for many earthly pleasures to fill that hole and it was all vanity.....

On Monday I had the pleasure of my wife accompanying me on my bread run. What a great day of fellowship over a truckload of Pepperidge Farm bread.

Today so far the Lord has given me a "pc" message for Sunday morning. I can't wait to preach it and no..... I am not talking about politically correct! I look forward to working alongside my pastor today. God is good! What a start to 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Browns to Montana